Thursday, January 26, 2012

Crafting Without Fabric ...

Although I've been enjoying my return to creative fun on my days off, today did not exactly end with a newly finished crafty gift for my Christmas Through The Years box.  I thought about it (not sure if that actually counts for anything though).  I did take some time to clean up a part of my work table.  I did FINALLY finish mending my dear husband's stack of shirts and pants (I truly hate mending ... give me a fresh piece of fabric and I'll happily start over from scratch, but please don't count on my stack of mending to be completed in any sort of a timely fashion!).  But when it came time to make the decision on what to make today, my heart and soul went straight to the kitchen!  It was just one of those days where the comfort of aromas coming from a pan of hot, freshly baked goodies is creative enough for me.  Making bread is creative enough for me ... there's something wonderful about the entire process (and I absolutely love any opportunity to use my new Kitchen Aid Mixer!).  The end result?  Check this out ... taken moments before being tucked into the oven ...
... and yes, they continued to raise beautifully, infuse the house with the most wonderful smell of freshly baked rolls, and were thoroughly enjoyed for dessert tonight.  Cinnamon-Swirl Pumpkin Rolls from the pages of King Arthur Flour ...
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/cinnamon-swirl-pumpkin-rolls-recipe     
My sister helped me rediscover King Arthur Flours, and if you haven't checked out their web site in awhile, or ever, it's definitely worth taking a few moments to do so.  My Pumpkin Rolls use both unbleached flour, and their fantstic white whole wheat flour (my new favorite flour!).  I'd say I met my goal of accomplishing something creative today!
                                 

1 comment:

  1. They look delicious Barb! Hope you and Mike enjoyed them immensely as we all sit and drool from afar! ;) I hope to be posting some pictures soon of my project(s) for February, I got the Triceratops done, but, haven't taken any pictures yet, I've also made some Mary Jane slippers, so will have to take photos of those too...sigh! That's the hard part for me, taking pictures before I give it away LOL.

    ReplyDelete