Saturday, January 21, 2012

With my first completion of my January Christmas Through The Year challenge, I'm feeling motivated already, and  the "I Can Do Anything" sort of attitude is creeping in.  I'm considering adding another fun aspect to my blog ... FINISHING the unlimited number of UNFINISHED things in my craft studio (which has morphed into more of a place-to-stash-stuff-from-other-rooms sort of space) ... which may also mean it's time to take back my studio!  But first, back to my finishing thought ...

Having been a crafter-of-many-hats, I have begun projects in knitting, crocheting, sewing, woodburning, photo crafts, paper crafts, bear making, ... to say nothing of the mulitude of unfinished ideas floating around in my head and stacks of fabric floating around my studio (and the closet upstairs and the bins downstairs).  It's time to take control ... and FINISH these potentially fun and beautiful projects.  Here's an opportunity now to set two goals each month in my creative world - one finished Christmas gift for Christmas Through The Year, and finish one previously started project for my own peace of mind!  Maybe even boost my Christmas box of handmade gifts.  Anyone interested in joining me?  I can't be the ONLY one out there facing a room full of what I shall refer to as UFO's (un finished objects) ...
I made these two panels on my "new" knitting loom TWO YEARS AGO!  Ok, so all that's required here is tuck and clip some yarns, and stitch the two pieces together, creating a lovely lightweight tan and burgundy throw!  A good place to begin ... and since there's still a few days left in January, I shall set a goal of adding this to my Christmas box in this month.  

That being said, it maybe the weekend, but I'm a retail manager, and it's off to work for me.  It's already been an enjoyable morning, having made the UFO challenge to myself (and YOU!), and having spent a little time on Skype with Lucas - since they are 13 hours ahead of us, I had the pleasure of reading two bedtime stories to him!  I love the time I get with him (and Erika, too, of course!).  Already called Papa to tell him that Lucas wants to help Papa make a Fire Truck and teach him how to drive it!  He's got the BEST imagination!!!  

Enough for now ... the book world beckons ...                                       

2 comments:

  1. What a good New Year challenge! I should finish the baby blanket I started crocheting for a now...6 year old. I'm ashamed. I have just started teaching myself how to knit as well and would like to complete my first little knitting project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely should finish that blanket, Martha ... tell me it's not the one you started when we were working together? Join me in 2012 ,,, no more UFO's!!!!!

    ReplyDelete