Sunday, January 8, 2012

... it's just the beginning!

My first posting on my first blog … and already I’ve figured out that the toughest part of owning a blog has got to be deciding on a name for it!  Since I’m not 100% sure what I want this blog to grow into, it was all the more challenging to name it.  At this moment in time, I believe it will be known as
                  …my raggbagg thread…
 It speaks to me of creativity and little reminder notes, of quirky afternoons and rummaging through old treasures.  I’m guessing my blog will start off with a little bit of each of those things.  After that, well, we’ll just see how this goes. Welcome to my blog …

Now, I have to admit it was a blog I happened upon late this afternoon that led me to putting some decisive urgency into creating my own blog, because she has posted an invitation to join her in CHRISTMAS THROUGH THE YEAR – a fabulous challenge to make one … just one … handmade gift each month, tuck it away (completed of course!!!) in your own special Christmas Box, and face December with a lovely stash of handmade gifts ALREADY FINISHED to wrap up and give to the special people in your life.  What fun!  And what motivation to face your own blog each month with the simple words “I DID IT”.  I love that the only requirement is that you make “it” yourself … sew, quilt, paint, frame, knit, papercraft … whatever fancies your interest that month.  So count me in … I can hardly wait to get started!  And I welcome my own friends and family to join in as well.  Here's the link to learn more about it...
                                                         http://quiltingdaze.blogspot.com/

Oh, but first, I have to finish putting my blog together ….

No comments:

Post a Comment