Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snow Day / Day Off...

Winter has finally appeared here in NH ... and I have the luxury of also having the day off from work.  It almost feels like the old "snow days" from school - don't have to be anywhere, don't have to go out ... what sort of creative fun can I get crazy with today! 
(This is my backyard now ... still snowing and since we haven't had any snow to speak of since Halloween, this is actually quite pretty today!)

What a lovely start to my stay-at-home day, as I was able to Skype with my adorable little grandson before he headed off to bed.  Since my daughter and son-in-law live in Singapore, their clocks are a full 13 hours ahead of us.  Every moment spent playing with him (online, of course) is a treasured moment!  This morning, he wanted to see the snow. Of course, I scooped up a nice sized snowball and brought it in to show him!  "Eat it, Gramma!" ... wow, I haven't eaten freshly fallen snow since ... well, it's been awhile!  He's learning to say some words in Chinese at his pre-school - such fun being able to watch him as he discovers new things.  If you haven't tried Skype, I HIGHLY recommend it!

I know I will definitely get started with my first month's hand-made Christmas gift for my "Christmas Through The Year" project.  This looks like it will be the glue that holds my blog together, something to write about and post some fun pictures of as I make the time each month to work on a new project.  Quite sure that ...my raggbagg thread... will be more about being creative than anything else.  We'll see how it progresses. 

Months ago, I came across this wonderful collaged frame. Today, I intend to finally get some very old family photos copied to the right sizes and mounted in it.  It just has that wonderful old-world look to it, and I have so many old photos I'd like to showcase.  That's my mom and dad's wedding picture, which would make a beautiful center-focal point in the frame.  And here's the assortment of photos I'm working with ...
These have been sitting on the dining room table since Christmas ... time for a finished project to headline my New Year!  Too bad it won't count for my Christmas Through The Year gifts - because this one's for me.  Better get started ...........

No comments:

Post a Comment